Board Meeting | August 2017

SDMRT Board of Directors Meeting Agenda

Monday, 7 August 2017, 1830 at Strategic Operations, Board Room

Members Present: Richard Yocum, Kiana Nakamura, Sean O’Grady, T.J. Tischer, Hugo Bermudez

Meeting called to order at 1840

Board Meeting Minutes from July were reviewed, corrected, and approved by the board

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Treasurer (Lori Rigsbee)

  1. ACTION: May, June, and July 2017 reports accepted
  2. Donation from Kathleen Lisson (Arun’s wife) – thank you letter has been sent by Kiana
  3. Clark Foundation donation has been sent by Kiana
  4. Options for treasurer for next Board – Richard to reach out to Lori for her plans for next year

Operations (Kiana Nakamura)

  1. Reports of operations and non-operations
  • 2017-11, 6/10/17 Scheduled Green Valley Falls Follow-up search: missing ops report
    1. Responders: Jesse Ma, John Hatala, Marshall Masser, Ming Chuang
  • 2017-11, 6/16-?/17 Scripps Ranch, Taiheng Sun – Ops report has been posted
  • 2017-12, 7/31-8/1/17, Mutual aid, Joshua Tree, Rachel Nguyen & Joseph Orbeso – Ops report has been posted
  • No Nonoperations
  1. Status of ESRI on-line reporting of ops stats to MRA
    1. Unable to login. Awaiting response from Monty Bell/tech support from MRA
  2. Operations Committee meeting last week
    1. Tony is creating a written process to appoint an OL for out of county Mutual Aid callouts, and how to designate an acting OL when none attend the callout. As well as creating a written role description to assist a to designated OL
    2. Discussed Monty’s presentation about our Mount Baldy team accident to the regional MRA meeting which was well received

Training (Hugo Bermudez)

  1. Training committee updates – policy nonmembers on trainings, training calendar 2017-2018
  2. Facilitating long-term trainee advancement to Rescue Member status (Sharon Fields)
  3. Mountain Climbing field trainings – debrief and takeaway lessons, all trip reports filed?
    1. Missing Car-to-Car Hell trip report, others?
  4. Upcoming Desert training, 8/11-12/17
    1. Lesson plan was sent to Duey, awaiting response
    2. Permits have been received
    3. ACTION: Hugo contacting John to send out resources to the team about sun shelters before the training
  5. Binational training with TJ Fire Department
  6. Supplemental helitac training with USCG, Sat 8/26/17 – (Steve Herman)
    1. ACTION: encourage all members to attend build our relationship with the Coast Guard
  7. Upcoming SDSAR all units training, Alpine Team, Santa Ysabel East Preserve, 9/9/17, 0800-2100
  8. Tech Tuesdays, 6/6 and 6/20/17, 1800-2100, Ridgehaven Parking Structure
  9. Tech rope course 9/23-10/1/17, Sat/Sun 2 weekends plus Tues and Thur in between
  10. USAR Training – Hugo, someone to take over from Craig Yoles

PERSONNEL

Resignations: None

LOAs: Nazli until 7/24 – request another 3 months – ACTION: board accepted requested, Sean to notify

Ken Hodge until 9/9/17, Amy van Cise until 9/15/17, David Hixon until 10/31/17

Other: Marshall’s weekend schedule change, no board action needed

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Policy 201 MOU fully executed – For team vote at August team meeting?
  2. UCSD HPWREN high speed data network, MOU fully executed – Dennis Peck to update team at Wednesday’s meeting
  3. Liability Release revised, Version 10 July 2017 – adopted by Board by email voting
  4. Renewal SDMRT insurance for general liability & management liability – approved by Board by email vote & premium paid
  5. Policy for nonmembers on field trainings – Distribution/discussion at Aug team meeting
  6. Boy Scouts request for guest speaker, 8/26/17, 12:30-1:30 pm, Fiesta Island –Marshall/Richard, more members have been requested
  7. Planning for recruitment Sept/Oct 2017 – Target number of recruits, citizenship requirements, MultiSAR
    1. Meeting room has been reserved at the COC
    2. Citizenship requirements update from the Sheriff’s department: must be a citizen or legal alien
    3. ACTION:
      1. Board has accepted revisions to the team application which includes citizenship reuirements and signing to agree to self in photos
      2. Board recommends at least 20 new members be invited to Multi-SAR to bring our team numbers back towards the goal of 65
      3. Board to request Brian Cohen, current designated lead of Multi-SAR, to designate someone capable of taking his place as lead if he is unable to attend the training
  8. Policy 301 revision for personal tech gear – proposed update
  9. ITC roles/responsibilities list of mutual aid – Richard & Tony, no update
  10. Fundraising offer from Mitch’s wife- John Hatala, no update
  11. SDSAR appreciation awards at next team meeting – Hugo to contact recipient’s to ask them to attend a future meeting for receiving the award
  12. MOU between SDMRT and Cleveland National Forest of USFS – Richard, no update
  13. Out-of-county license for VHF SDMRT radio channel (Dennis, TJ) – we have an opportunity to request a “letter license” from CalOES, this will require our team to change our frequencies, however our team radios have the capability of utilizing those new frequencies
  14. Outstanding returns of Sheriff ID cards (Aaron Andrews) – Richard to check expiration date
  15. SDMRT Facebook administrator – John Hatala, no update

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Amy Mann (aka Sierra) renders aid to AT hiker, story will be shared at team meeting and possibly shared on the team Facebook
  2. OL meeting 8/3/17 – debrief
  3. Continuation of pager system –
    1. ACTION:
      1. Board to request specific information from Lori reguarding cost of pagers (standing $400 deposit vs. reoccuring cost)
      2. Current pagers are in the hands of Dennis, John W., Brian W., Bill M.
      3. Board reviewed Brian and Dennis’ statements about how they use their pagers
      4. Board to discuss further if the pagers need to be changed hands to most active ITC’s and if those ITC’s want them
  4. Consent documentation for use of photos at SDMRT events, has been added to the team application
  5. Med pack and tech packs – TJ to contact team members in order to coordinate reorganization
  6. No other items

Meeting adjourned at 2030